Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Q & A with the Scorchers

We have been receiving lots of questions from everyone about the trip and even  4 requests to join us! We thought it would be fun to answer some questions before the trip to reflect on when we got back.


1. Why did you choose to cycle in India?
Shruti : Because I loveeee India and I can run/bike/walk/hike/swim just to be able to see some parts of this magnificent country
Matt : My hand was forced, just kidding… I enjoying cycling and I enjoy Indian food therefore this combination is a win win.
Steve : I love an adventure and India is a place you can escape to and have that adventure. I agree with my fellow scorchmates ... like Shruti, I love India. The culture, the climate, the people, the freedom are all fantastic and like Matt I also love to cycle.

2. What is your biggest fear regarding the trip?
Shruti : I fear that someone might steal Steve’s bike 😄
Matt : Apart from the big unknown on hill climbs and the odd peanut sprinkled here and there, my biggest fear is not knowing which animal will try and eat me first
Steve : My biggest fear is what Shruti said! 😄 All joking aside i think it is running in to unknown weather conditions. We have examined the wind patterns, annual rain conditions and temperatures ... with my luck it will snow!

3. What are you most looking forward to?
Shruti : 12 days of South Indian food !! Yumm
Matt : Visiting the many sites along the route following the coast of South East India including the Ghost Town
Steve : I'm most looking forward to what the premise of the trip is; exploring and enjoying a country that really intrigues me by cycle with no time constraints while pushing myself pysically to cover this many miles in this short a time. A close second is enjoying Mazaa as much as i want!


4. If there was one thing you could bring with you on the trip that you aren’t, what would it be?
Shruti : I think I would like to bring my extrovert self and get to know the stories and lives of random strangers and the locals...and of course all my frens and an extra pair of Legs! 😄
MattMotorbike - although bike electric motors are almost undetectable these days 😄
Steve : Family and friends. Who doesnt like a big party??


5. What do you think will most surprise you about the trip?
Shruti : May be the smooth silky roads of rural Tamilnadu ? 😄
Matt : Having only visited larger cities in India before and one coastal town near Pune (Thanks again to Ranjit) , I think I’ll be surprised about how beautiful the coastal towns of South East Indian are and the many delicious foods that I’ve never had the pleasure of eating before
SteveEven though i have seen and visited many parts of India, i think the south east coast is going to surprise me with its beauty, diversity and serenity. I am also hoping it surprises me with lots of clean bathrooms. 😄😄😄

No comments:

Post a Comment