Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Day 0+

My personal Day 0 extended to 3 days. I left on the 14th. Arrived in London on the 15th and then made it to Chennai on the 16th, but only travelled about 20 or so hours. It is like world travelers time travel. :)


After making it out of the plane, one thing has been on my mind for the past 20 hours was did my bike make it and was it in a good shape. Thank god it made it in one piece. When I left Newark I told them I considered this bike as my 4th child and they put fragile stickers all over the box. :)

After Shruti and the driver picked me up from the airport we went over to have a very nice Trident Hotel buffet bfast with the founder of Bhumi, who we are doing a fundraiser for. We ran to Decathalon, bought Matty a bike, I loaded up on more supplies and we were off.

Our driver pedaled it to Puducherry and where we made a pitstop at a hippie village that Shruti likes and checked out the Pudu beach. The sea is the Bay of Bengal, not the one Matt made up and tried to get us to believe him.

Then it was an evening of yelling at my bike, fixing my chain and brakes and shaking my fists to the sky why it wouldn't go back together as easy as the way I took it apart. All done and tested by the new day thankfully.

I swear whatever I am doing to that bike was completely consensual. :)

Day 1 ... 64 miles here we come!!!


 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

3 comments: