Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Day 9+

After reaching Kanyakumari I just made a decision to sort of leave it there on the day 9 post. In actuality there was a day 9+ adventure after the 10s of selfies at the point. :)

 
We met G, who congratulated us and said when he saw the 3 flags from the different countries he was a bit choked up. G was a great fourth Scorcher and it would have been much harder to do with out his help. Matty, Shruti and I kept saying from Day 1 how lucky we were to have G as our driver and wingman.
 
So we headed off to have a celebratory lunch, at the "Hotel Sea View" where we ate waaaay too much. Carrot Halwa was flowing ... along with delicious parathas. There was no sea view from the restaurant, but with the amount we were eating, i don't think we would have noticed any way.

On the way I saw a sign for Jesus cabs. I was thinking if there was ever a cab company I needed a name for and i was based in India and based in a very catholic part of the country, i might choose jesus cabs as the name as well. :)
 





blue boxes are where we went

We then visited the Our Lady of Ransom shrine. I have to understand why it is called that. I thought ransoms were for when you kidnapped someone? :) website: http://www.ransomchurchkanyakumari.org


 
 

Then we visited the Padmanabhapuram Palace which I wasn't able to visit the last time as i ran out of money and the ATMs weren't working! LOL :) crazy ... I know. So they explicitly told us we could not take pictures. I don't know how the hell Shruti and Matt took so many pics! I didn't even see them snapping away! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Padmanabhapuram_Palace
 
 



Believe it or not, this is a toilet. :)

 


Matty loves doing this ... who am I to judge?
 
 
 
 

We then headed to what we thought was going to be the Niagara falls of India, but in reality, Matt was splashed more by the cows in the road. :)  This is a pic of Thiruparappu waterfalls. I think we just came at a lull in the season. Ive seen other pictures where the water is gushing like a themepark.


what we saw








what i found on the internet.
 

We made it to the hotel, a quick drone flight, dinner and then we passed out. Day 10 would be a ride to Madurai en route to Chennai to the flight home.


 

 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment