Thursday, January 26, 2017

Day 7 : Sad puppy

We got to Thoothkudi the day before. This was after we combined two shorter days to allow us to take a break day and skip a short stay within Sayalgudi [ which didn't have any good hotels ]. We decided to see the sites and visited a 400 year old Church which was made in to a Basilica in 1982. Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basilica_of_Our_Lady_of_Snows,_Thoothukudi


After we looked through the church, I wanted to make a pit stop at the gift shop to bring some stuff home. I bought a few things and when we exited the shop we saw the tiniest puppy, who looked very hungry and not in great shape. If I could have taken the dog with me right then and there I would have. I probably should have. We didn't have anything on us for it so after feeling bad and staring at it for 10 mins we went on our way. As we jumped back in the car and went to go to the mall to have lunch, we saw the same puppy dart out in to the street and almost get crushed by a motor cycle as it looked for food. it got scared and tried to run back to the side of the road and fell, but then finally made it.

The whole time I could not get that puppy out of my head. I bought it a sandwich from KFC and we headed back to try to find it. We were looking all over and didn't see it. All I could think of is that we were too late and something happened to it. Shruti said to go back to the center of the church courtyard and it was there. Matty spotted it. I hand fed the little guy[ or girl ... I respected it's privacy and didn't look ] and it was so happy. There were a few locals there who said they had given it milk and brought it to the doctor and gave it medicine and in a few weeks the skin disorder should go away...but who knows. I dont really believe them. I was not content with what we did for the little guy, but I was happy we at least did something.

I've been delaying writing this entry, just so I didn't have to see that little dog's pic again. =/

The beach was great, the dog was heart breaking, the church was great and the hotel was ok ... I was ready to get back on that cycle!

Let's do it day 8!!








local beach bhais gifted Shruti with a dead star fish :)
Salt factory

No comments:

Post a Comment